Sunday, October 11, 2009

my week off-part 2


So Wednesday October 7th was my 28th birthday, and my wonderful husband, after having taken me out to dinner and shopping on Saturday, left work early and while I was at a cafe studying, cleaned our messy living room and surprised me with this:



Please note the kisses filled with caramel on the table. I have always hated chocolate. Apart from my occasional indulgence in the caramel, nugget and peanut goodness of a Snickers bar, there is not much chocolate that I am able to tolerate. During the last trimester of this pregnancy, I have become a lot more tolerant of the different preparations of milk chocolate. I still need to have it made with something else like mint or caramel, but now I actually crave it and enjoy it. Once, about a month ago, Randy bought a bag of the Hersey chocolate with caramel for himself and much to both of our surprise, yours truly ended up eating a good bit of them. We could not find it again since then but on my birthday, Randy found it for me. I have an incredibly wonderful husband.

That night, we went out to dinner with some of my co-workers. It was a very nice birthday indeed.

No comments: