Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My hectic but wonderful last couple of weeks part Three

I got back on Sunday, and spent time with my in laws and nephews and visited with some people that we'd made connections with while here in Illinois. Yesterday, I went to my doctor's appointment. All I cared about was that he would be able to pick up fetal heart tones with his Doppler ultrasound. It took a second of rooting around but I knew the moment he found it. Nice and strong and fast. He showed me the meter and it said 156. I was very happy. During the first trimester, apart from the nausea and the tiredness, there are no indications coming from within that tells you that the baby is still in there or that everything is alright. It is also a paranoia buster when you get to hear your little one. Being halfway through my 12th week, I am happy to be pretty much done with my first trimester. I look forward to the stage where I can feel the baby move and have a daily reminder that all is well and that my little one is still there, waiting patiently to make his/her appearance. Yesterday was definitely a good day.


We got behind on laundry over the last couple of weeks due to all the traveling and the packing and getting ready for the big move, so we decided that a laundry mat would be the best way to get caught up in a short amount of time. So, this morning, while Randy was at work, I lugged LOTS of clothing over the laundry mat. I DID TEN LOADS! Ten loads?? How we accumulated that much laundry I do not know. I didn't even realize that we had that much clothes. Anyhoo, I'm glad that its over. Now, I am trying to relax and get caught up on some things at the same time.

The last couple of weeks have been hectic, but filled with family and friends and the reassurance that everything is on track with my pregnancy. I couldn't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! That is always the best part when you hear the baby's heart beat and its like "here is audible proof of life". So great.


And kudos on the laundry! I think that washing clothes and washing dishes are my two least favorite chores to do. (I don't mind folding or ironing laundry...for some reason just the washing is this drag-your-feet chore to me)

Laura said...

Hearing the heartbeat is great. For some reason at both my 9 week and 17 week ultrasounds the doc did not turn on the volume for us to hear the heartbeat, and I forgot to ask! Then when we left I was like "Hey!", but it was so absorbing to see the little fetus on screen! I've gotten to hear it since. Confession: I worked in an animal hospital and once a month I would peek at my baby using the ultrasound at our office! So fun!