Saturday, April 4, 2009

The hunt begins

We really, really, really, really need a new vehicle! All of my life I have driven used cars, and I am very grateful that I have been able to get from point A to point B with no car payments and very cheap car insurance. But, the time has come for me to start feeling as though all my hard work is paying off.

Today, we went to a Toyota dealership to look at a Rav 4. With kids in the future and everything, a car is just not going to be enough space for me, and I'd like to feel a bit higher off the ground. Once we get to Philadelphia, we plan on purchasing one. I am very excited but a bit anxious. I've never bought a vehicle before. Randy has experience working in car sales on the selling and finance side of the process, so thank fully he will be able to keep me from getting screwed over or swept up in the process.

It seems that with my Job letter showing my new contract, dealers are happy to accommodate the fact that I have not been employed for the last 4 yrs. They love doctors lol. Hey, whatever gets me into a new vehicle.

I hope and pray that this move goes smoothly and that I am able to get into an SUV before I have to start residency.

No comments: