Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lots O' Paperwork

Well, I know what I will be working on this weekend. Lots of paperwork! My packet of contracts and forms and deadlines and ..... well a lot of stuff to be filled out, came in the mail today via UPS, from Albert Einstein Hospital. On every document my new title of Dionne Mills M.D. was either typed or stamped. How surreal.
I want to legally change my name later this year. Randy and I have been married for almost a year (May 17th) and I still haven't yet hyphenated my name because I wanted to have all of my board exams and my diploma in the same name so that I would not have any problems come graduation and Licensure time. While my new name will be Dionne Kimberly Mills-Sillik, I think that it would be easier to keep my maiden name when dealing professionally. Either way, I want to have the Mills name attached to an M.D. title because I will be the first of the Mills (or Browne, which is my mother's family's name) to do so. I am still confused as to what I want to do and how to go about it. I can't wait till this rotation ends and I can finally be home during the day so that I can figure all of this out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dionne! Congratulations Doctor!! It was great to hear from you!