Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And the Winner Is..........





Tomorrow at 1pm eastern, all of those happy people from Monday's Match day, have the second part of their future revealed to them. We get to find out where we will be going. I have jitters in my stomach, but I am calm, knowing that I at least got one of the programs that I put on my list. Randy is excited. He is taking Thursday and Friday off- thursday so that he can be home when the news hits and can react to it in the privacy of his own home :) and Friday, so that he can take the whole day and start the job of scoping out apartments/townhomes, nice neighborhoods by the hospital(s) and all the other fun stuff. He also simply just needs some time off- works been very hectic lately.

He will be following me where ever I have to go, as he always has since we met. There are some hopes and negotiations on his job front that need to be done, and a meeting is already set up with his bosses on Monday.

In any case, we feel blessed to be so blessed, and we look forward to getting on with this new stage in our life.

Needless to say, in some corner of the hospital, at noon my time tomorrow, I will be checking my email from my PDA phone. When I get home, I will update my blog.

My fate is in God's hands, not those of the program directors, or the people of the National Residency Match Program (NRMP), and that knowledge comforts me.

No comments: