Wednesday, March 25, 2009

UPCOMING ATTRACTIONS!!!!

In about a week, this image will be on my blog sidebar as a button, so that you can be linked directly to Dr. D's Women's Health Corner. I am so very excited about this and still can't believe that I am taking on such a task at a point when my life is about to get even more hectic than before, but the thought came into my mind some weeks ago that I should use this wonderful forum as a way to do my good in this world and it just kept nagging me until I decided to go for it. What has surprised me is the overwhelmingly positive and excited responses I have gotten from many of my family and friends when they hear that this is something that I want to do.

I declared to my family at the age of 3 that I was going to be a doctor, and was thereafter dubbed "Dr. D" by my favorite aunt (Auntie Michelle) and then others, so I thought that it would be fitting to name the women's health corner accordingly.

Upcoming topics include but are not limited to:
₪ Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
₪Menopause
₪Women and Heart Health
₪Domestic Violence
₪Post Partum Depression
with international issues affecting women such as:
₪ Female Genital Cutting
₪ Breast ironing in Cameroon

My dear friend Laine Strutton will be contributing the international aspects of women's rights and women's health to the blog.

I encourage you to spread the word, and to please email me at doctordkm@yahoo.com if there is any topic that you would like explained/discussed. Also, please let others know that they can still vote. The poll does not close until the 31st of this month.
All of the topics in the Women's Health Corner will be open for discussion

3 comments:

Ella A. said...

I am very excited. I think this is such a good idea. Wow, I've never heard of breast ironing. . . that sounds awful.

Unknown said...

I'd love to link to your health corner from both of my blogs - would that be cool with you?

Cassandra said...

Woot to that! I just recently experienced PPD and would love to read up on it some more. Can't wait!