Saturday, March 7, 2009

A moment to Brag

So, I am the proud oldest sister of 4 younger siblings. (In descending order) Genisha, Roland, Avianne and Rayisa. Since I have a blog, I figured I'd take a moment to let the world know that I am not the only Mills child who did not need Obama to become president in order to do something with their life.
Genisha Mills is the ambitious mother of two beautiful girls, aged 5 and 3. She Graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelors degree in education- elementary education, and later earned her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and ESL Education, and is currently teaching 1st grade for the Chandler School district. She is currently studying to get her PHD and hopes to eventually become a Principal.
Roland Mills is my incredibly handsome only brother. He is currently a Senior at Northern Arizona University. In December of this year he will be graduating with a Bachelor of Music Arts (BMA)- Vocal Performance. He has an incredible tenor/baritone voice with beautiful range. Roly is very talented. He is the only one of us who will be making our musical talents into a career, and he is the one with the greatest chance :) He is also going to go to graduate school and teach while performing. From Opera to even theatre, look out for him on Broadway in a few years.
Avianne Mills is my driven younger sister. Currently a Junior at the University of Arizona getting a major in Physiology with high goals of entering medical school soon after. This practically all A student and Dancer extraordinaire is going far and I'm OK with not being the only medical Doctor in the family ;)
Rayisa Mills is the baby of the family, but she is not a baby any more. This year she will be graduating from High School with plans to attend Arizona State University, study Spanish and become a Dentist.
_____________
As for me, you all already know about me. I am the salsa dancing, Spanish speaking, soprano singing older sister of some really awesome people, and I am very proud of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im Truly blessed to be in the family that I am! muah!

Unknown said...

You guys are all so beautiful and impressive! I don't think I have told you this before, but I have always thought that your parents picked out the coolest names for you and your siblings.

Randy and Dionne Sillik said...

Thanks Marissa! :) I agree. I think I am going to be similarly picky with my kids' names too.

Roland said...

DIONNE!!!! i luff you... you're proud of us but we are DEFINITELY proud of YOU! Especially now with the new baby on the way ;)

P.S. I'm a Tenor not a Tenor/baritone in fact the technical term for me is Tenore lyrico spinto ;)