Sunday, March 22, 2009

One thing to check off the list

Yesterday Randy and I worked on my graduation announcements. My graduation will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York. My school (Ross University School of Medicine) has put a 6 ticket allowance for each graduate until March 27 when ticket ordering is closed and they can see how many extra tickets they can dish out. Since not everyone can come to the graduation and we want to share the news of this event with a lot of people who have touched my life, we decided to do a graduation announcement instead of an invitation. As mentioned earlier, Randy and I bought stationary and printed out the announcements. Now, all we have to do is mail them out. One thing down, a hundred things left to do.
















Being the numbers minded person that my husband is, whenever we've had huge decisions to make and/or a lot of things going on at one time, he makes a spreadsheet so that we can see everything on one page and stay on track. (When I was looking at residency programs to apply to, he made a database that I used to compare the different programs based on certain criteria that I decided on). I love this because during college I would do the same thing, just not as fancy as what he can do. Well, as I sit typing here, Randy is on his computer as well, working on spreadsheets for apartment hunting in Philadelphia, moving costs etc.
I know..... we are nerds, but we are cool nerds OK! Besides, any one who knows Randy will say that he is way too smart to be as cool as he is lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I don't think you're a nerd! It just shows you guys have good heads on your shoulders.

Your announcements look amazing! Good job!

Cassandra said...

Ooh, they look nice! I love making stuff like that. I call it being crafty.